An effectively structured survey will allow you to:
- Identify cross-selling and consolidation opportunities,
- Identify clients who are willing to provide referrals,
- Understand what is most important to your clients,
- Uncover client expectations regarding direct contact and education,
- Assess client reaction to current or planned communications or activities, and
- Gather more and better information on your clients
A survey not only confirms, for both the client and you, that their business has areas that will benefit from your consulting, it also can outline potential problem areas within their company.
One of the most important tips that you can remember is that clients and prospects don’t care about your education or training. They don’t care about how long you’ve been in business, or what awards you’ve won and what associations you belong to. All your clients and prospects care about is your ability to solve their most critical problems and your ability to help them meet their most important goal.
That’s what you have to communicate to them. Your expertise in answering their particular needs.
A client survey lets you discover what those problems and goals are.
Using a pre-written checklist, preferably three to four pages long, targeted at one specific area of a prospect or clients business, such as their payroll and HR procedures, their accounts payable, their billing and collections, or their marketing, and using standard auditing thought processes, you can develop a tool that will allow you to identify your clients problem areas, and the areas where you can provide solutions and generate additional fees and income.
By preparing a well written report, along with pre-writing or scripting a thorough presentation, it lets you show the client that you are the solution to those problems, and the help they need in achieving their goals.By preparing a well written report, along with pre-writing or scripting a thorough presentation, it lets you show… Click To Tweet
Some specialized surveys you can develop include:
- Manufacturing: You can examine labor costs, materials costs, plant layout, overhead, production control and other major factors to create more profitable operations, and solve your clients needs.
- Retail: Learn to analyze floor space, layout, counter methods, merchandising and inventory turnover.
- Service: Study your client and prospects requirements and evaluate their management plan, giving particular attention to their service procedures, expense control, profit structure, accounting methods, employee compensation and productivity. You can also review their purchasing, inventory and other control factors.
- Quality: Examine their quality assurance systems and management to help keep their company committed to quality processes and procedures. Special attention is given to documentation, procedures, training, quality review and management awareness.
Many practitioners have found that by taking the time to develop and promote a survey, they can fill their marketing funnel with pre-qualified prospects and they are able to command increased fees and revenues.
The Client Needs Analysis is a type of questionairre or survey that you can revisit time and time again to help you open up new revenue streams from both new and existing clients and prospects.
Your survey system needs to include both a targeted and pre-written direct mail letter, a pre-written survey plan or program, a report plan and a presentation script for submitting your findings and creating an engagement.
Join us here at Practice Builder Publishing and become a part of the community, whether you become a contributing author, a peer recruiter, or merely a raving devotee of the Practice Builder Publishing resources, I'll work with you personally so you can reach the goals you set.
Best to you and yours,
P.S. Think I'm full of B.S.? Maybe you ought to let me know what you think. Plop your comments in the section down below the related articles and let me know what you think.!
P.P.S. Got questions about products and services I talk about, the terms of service, privacy nd all that stuff related to Practice Builder Publishing? Click Here to read the fine print.
Share your experiences, and pick our brains.
Get GREAT Results - Fast!
I would love to see you become a part of the Practice Builder Publishing, and work with you personally to reach maximum profit potential this year! Nothing I teach or help you with damage your credibility. It will simply get you more clients and help you make more money.
If you stop searching for the next magic trick, the perfect software, the "shiny object" that's going to do all the work for you (note: it doesn't exist)- and just focus on building & serving your market - you'll actually start seeing GREAT results. FAST.
On the Practice Builder Publishing site, I teach everything I have learned over the years, and how you can use it effectively and efficiently. One of the coursesI teach is the "Absolute Beginners Guide To Starting And Building Your Own Accounting Practice When You Are Flat Broke" training course, and it's only $27.
To get started building your practice, and building it FAST, all you have to do is click this link below. Click the button below and order now!