As we looked into awards programs, we discovered how much work is usually involved, and realized that the amount of work and the time commitment can be greatly reduced with access to the correct tools. We also discovered that most of these tools are way overpriced, and I do mean way overpriced.
We also found some powerful alternatives.
So, if you are really serious about building a premium practice, building a powerful referral network, then its time to get started.
The first thing the public will know about your award is your call for entries and there’s a lot to get done before that time. So, before opening the floodgates, make sure you’ve got everything in ship-shape!
Use this checklist as a guide to help you make sure you’ve covered all your bases.
1. Create your awards website -Your awards website is where people go to learn more about your program and apply. As the main source of information, it’s one of the most important elements of your program to have ready. Your website should include the following:
- Overview Page
- Call for Entry
- Submission Form
- Information About Your Judges
- Historical Winners Gallery
- Rules / Eligibility Requirements
- Awards Gala Info
- Contact Page
2. Prepare your marketing strategy – We think it goes without saying, but if you don’t have a solid marketing plan, who’s going to apply or even hear about your awards program? A killer awards marketing strategy should include:
- Press Release(s)
- Content Calendar
- Prepared messages for social media
3. Set up your judging process -There’s more to judging than just having some folks sift through submissions. To really get a judging process that not only stands out, but improves your awards program (instead of causing additional headaches) be sure to:
- Select Industry Experts to Judge Entries
- Train Judges on Your Unique Judging Processes
- Create a Plan for the Judging Process
- Prepare Arrangements for Any Judges Attending the Awards Ceremony
- Create Judging Criteria
4. Get up to speed -Your awards program isn’t going to prepare itself! It’s important to have a team that’s dedicated to making your program a success. If you can recruit folks to help you, then these are some of the folks you would want on your team:
- Executive Director
- Program Manager
- Event Planner
- Chair / Committee (if applicable)
5. Get a “sales” strategy in place – Getting the desired number of entrants can be difficult. Getting these entrants to complete their entries can be even more difficult. That’s why it’s a good idea to set up a “sales” strategy. Some of the tasks will include:
- Compiling a List of Potential Entrants
- Establish a Strategy for Contacting Entrants
Once you’ve worked through these steps, you’re ready to go. Congratulate yourself on getting this far, and get ready to roll out your program.
Join us here at Practice Builder Publishing and become a part of the community, whether you become a contributing author, a peer recruiter, or merely a raving devotee of the Practice Builder Publishing resources, I'll work with you personally so you can reach the goals you set.
Best to you and yours,
P.S. Think I'm full of B.S.? Maybe you ought to let me know what you think. Plop your comments in the section down below the related articles and let me know what you think.!
P.P.S. Got questions about products and services I talk about, the terms of service, privacy nd all that stuff related to Practice Builder Publishing? Click Here to read the fine print.
Share your experiences, and pick our brains.
Get GREAT Results - Fast!
I would love to see you become a part of the Practice Builder Publishing, and work with you personally to reach maximum profit potential this year! Nothing I teach or help you with damage your credibility. It will simply get you more clients and help you make more money.
If you stop searching for the next magic trick, the perfect software, the "shiny object" that's going to do all the work for you (note: it doesn't exist)- and just focus on building & serving your market - you'll actually start seeing GREAT results. FAST.
On the Practice Builder Publishing site, I teach everything I have learned over the years, and how you can use it effectively and efficiently. One of the coursesI teach is the "Absolute Beginners Guide To Starting And Building Your Own Accounting Practice When You Are Flat Broke" training course, and it's only $27.
To get started building your practice, and building it FAST, all you have to do is click this link below. Click the button below and order now!